In 1981, Cliff Steinhauser became sole owner of Merwin Drug, which originally began in 1904,
and was joined by his wife in the management of this growing company, and later by his sons.
As the children of Robin Drug Corporation’s customers branched out to the suburbs,
so did Robin Drug Corporation with additional drug stores. At the same time, the
Steinhausers continued to monitor the market trends for other avenues of business.
In 1988, a long term care pharmacy venture was started within the Robbinsdale drug store.
This new venture was called Merwin Long Term Care, Inc. This business provides
prescription medications to nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and other facilities.
It is considered a “closed door pharmacy” in that it is not open to the general public.
Merwin Long Term Care currently has three locations in the Twin Cities metro and surrounding area.
Shortly after the start of Merwin Long Term Care, Robin Drug Corporation branched out again
into the home medical business. This new business was called Merwin Home Medical.
Merwin Home Medical provides over 4,000 products to its individual customers
including oxygen, wheelchairs, walkers, hospital beds, and miscellaneous aids
for daily living. Merwin Home Medical currently has four retail locations in the
Twin Cities metro and surrounding area, in addition to its central warehouse and business office.
In 2005, Robin Drug Corporation purchased its current corporate headquarters in
New Hope, Minnesota. The customer service, billing and warehouse operations of
Merwin Home Medical and the Merwin Long Term Care business office are also located
in the corporate building.
What allows us to grow is our "customer first" philosophy.
We do our best to ensure we understand your needs.